2003 Aug 11 16:43

Re: [vox] Password NOT stolen at linuxworld

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 03:00:14PM -0700, Ryan Castellucci wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 02:16:15PM -0700, Dmitriy wrote:
> >
> > Testing is inherently insecure.  _Don't_ run testing on any publically
> > accessible computers.  It doesn't get security updates.

[snip]

> I claim IGNORANCE!!!!
>
> I was not aware of this, I sure wish someone had told me. I needed newer versions
> of several packages that were not available in stable. Would I be better off
> running sid in the future?

sid: stuff breaks at times, and security updates are mostly on time,
yet there are exceptions (like bug #200736 for example).

stable always gets timely security updates.

I bellieve the best approach is to backport some packages from
testing/unstable (if feasible) and run them on a stable box.

--
	GPG key-id: 1024D/DF04A255                 Dmitriy
	AA16 8FAB 74E1 3511 83D0  9F4B F087 CEC9 DF04 A255