2003 Aug 02 10:04

Re: [vox] Geek Swappers!

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 08:40:15AM -0700, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 08:14:22PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> >
> > Okay, the geek swap is ready to go, I think!
>
> And it is still on, even after the rain we had this morning! :-)

Yep! :)  I'm _exhausted_ (couldn't sleep last night, even though I had been
up for most of the prev 40hrs), but I'll be getting a caffeine injection
and heading over in a few minutes.

It sounds like Henry's already shown up (yay, someone who can count money :) ).

I put up a couple of signs yesterday advertising the event, and have
a bunch more (with arrows) that can be put up between Richards Blvd and
La Habra (where Doug lives), to direct people.

We apparently have LOTS of PCs (thanks, Karstyn!), so if you're looking
for an old router, thin client, dumb terminal, or something old to
skeletonize for parts, come on down!  This still will be going _CHEAP!_

Directions:

  http://www.lugod.org/projects/geekswap/

It's pretty much Richards Blvd. (aka E Street downtown; or just take
Richards Blvd. South off I-80 if coming off the highway).

Head towards the Safeway in South Davis.  Turn RIGHT when you get to
Valdora.  Drive almost all the way down Valdora (it winds a bit), and
turn left onto La Habra.  Go all the way to the end of the culdesac.

See you there!

-bill!
(WHY is it raining, anyway!?)