2003 Aug 01 13:04

Re: [vox] [OT] Solaris, Oracle, and other painful subjects

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 11:33:58AM -0700, Richard Crawford wrote:
> Fortunately for us, we have an entire machine that will have nothing
> but Oracle on it.

And hopefully dedicated drives for Oracle.  Even better if they're on
their own controller.

> Meanwhile, these are all Ultra 10's.  So IPA will be probably be in
> order, though I'm partial to Harp.

Harp is nice.  I used to think that it was Harp and Guinness for a
'black and tan' (since their both Irish, made by Guinness), but I've
been corrected (it's Bass and Guinness).  Harp and Guinness is a 'half
and half'.

-David