2003 Aug 01 10:50

[vox] Homeland Security gets involved in Windows security

[vox] Homeland Security gets involved in Windows security

I saw a notice that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) selected
Microsoft to be it's vendor for computer security products a few weeks ago.
At first I thought, "Heh, there's a case of the blind leading the lame."
But now according to this report
http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/2243131  Homeland Security
has gotten up in arms about the problems with Windows security (in XP and
current MS servers) and is raising alarms.

So, in an odd way it is actually fitting that Microsoft should be the vendor
that has to clean up it's own messes and take the abuse for not providing a
platform that is based on strong security in the first place. The only thing
I don't care for is they found a way to get tax payers to foot the bill!
Ugh.

Regards,
MIKE…
Make your Information your KnowlEDGE