2003 Jul 31 14:26

Re: [vox] i will never again complain about DSL prices in davis

On Thursday 31 July 2003 12:40 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> just checked broadband options in my new area in new jersey
> (plainsboro).  it's awful.
>

> cable through comcast:
> $32/month till dec 03
> $45/ month after that
> max speed: 1.5Mb/sec
>
> dynanic IP.  even their business plan is "quasi dyanmic" whatever that
> means.  this is a good speed at a nice price.  but i _really_ would like
> to have a static IP.

You don't really need a static IP.  Just set up a dyndns entry, and have your
linux box run ddclient to update it.  It works rather well IMO.  Unless
you're planning on doing tunnelling, it should work just peachy.

--
wenk@praxis.homedns.org
Mike Wenk