2003 Jul 31 14:23

Re: [vox] i will never again complain about DSL prices in davis

Re: [vox] i will never again complain about DSL prices in davis

Up spake Peter Jay Salzman on Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 12:40:35PM -0700:
> the best option is wireless DSL, which goes at 1.1Mb/sec for $99.95/mo.
> unfortunately, the installation cost is $762 (which can be split if i
> can find other people who are willing to share the cost).  that goes
> beyond "ouch".  it's more like "kill me now".

Eeeyagh! Do they actually have any customers at those prices?

And here I thought wireless was a promising solution to the last-mile problem.

Prices suck here in LA, too.  I just signed up for ADSL through Earthlink; $40/mo
for PPPoE; $200 equipment fee waived with 1-year contract.

At least they're cool with Linux.  In fact, the tier 1 support guys I got the
other day all ran Linux themselves.

--nicole twn

***
"We are all worms, but I do believe that I am a glow-worm."--Winston
Churchill
Visit www.nicolopolis.com ... digital drivel for a weary world.