2003 Jul 30 23:46

[vox] DSL modem & Linux

I'm fairly new to the Davis area, and am moving into a new place.  I was
looking to get Omsoft DSL, as per a few recommendations, but am unsure of
the modem they want to sell me.  They don't really provide specifications
on their website and the person I spoke to on the phone didn't know much
more than the website.

As I understand it, any ADSL modem will work?  I have an overpriced Cisco
678 I was using back home (Minnesota) but I think that it's RADSL only.
Anyone have any recommendations for Linux friendly DSL modems that work
with SBC/Omsoft?  Something with a standard Ethernet out and maybe SNMP or
similar for configuration would be nice.

Thanks.

--
Dan Willenbring
www.omitted.net