2003 Jul 29 15:12

Re: [vox] Router v. Access Point

Most access points are just that. They have a wireless card or two, and they have a ethernet port. APs usually will not NAT, firewall, port forward, etc. that a router will. A lot of vendors sell an "access point" that is really a router but I think that both terms have been used in marketing to sell the same thing.

Most consumer access points have a lot of router functions built in.

Mark

Robert G. Scofield wrote:

I want to set up a "network" only to share a DSL connection. I want a wireless setup. What is the difference between a wireless router, and a wireless access point?

Thank you.

Bob