2003 Jul 21 05:40

[vox] [fwd] The Linux Users' Group of Roseville, California - July 2003 meeting

[vox] [fwd] The Linux Users' Group of Roseville, California - July 2003 meeting

----- Forwarded message from "COUNTS,VERBUS (HP-Roseville,ex1)" <verbus.counts@hp.com> -----

To: "'roselug@rosevillelug.org'" <roselug@rosevillelug.org>

The Linux Users' Group of Roseville, California
will be holding a meeting on:

Monday, July 28, 2003 6:30pm - 9:30pm

Topic:  How do you get your Windows and Linux systems to talk?

Most of us have some level of Windows systems in our homes/offices.

Most of these systems also share files that we would like to be able to
access from our Linux boxes.

This month we will be having a "hands-on" tutorial in the basic command that
we can use to access Linux file shares from our Windows systems and Windows
shares from our Linux boxes.  These can be scripted to allow automated
functionality that works almost all of the time.

I plan to bring laptops running both systems and if you have portable
systems you can feel free to bring them along.

This is a bit different than the normal meeting in that we will be working
as a group to answer questions and will be able to test all theories on
"live" systems at the meeting.

See you there.

Presented by:

Mark Liechty MCSE, CNE, CCA
MLA Computer Consulting Services

--

The meeting will be held at:

Nerdbooks
911 Washington Blvd
Roseville, CA 95678
http://www.nerdbooks.com
916-677-1400
--

The new and improved website can be found here:
   http://www.rosevillelug.org

The old RoseLUG web site is still here:

Coming up!

August 25, 2003         Mathew Alexander     Apache 2.0

September 29, 2003      Karstyn McCoy        Linux at Horizon Instructional
                                             Systems
October 27, 2003

November 24, 2003

December 29, 2003   (Networking Meeting)

Regards,
Verbus M. Counts, Coordinator
Roseville Linux User Group
916-765-1624