2003 Jul 20 05:47

Re: [vox] Loading Knoppix on your HD...

On 2003.07.19 11:38, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:
Wow! I'll have to try this out...

"An old laptop of mine fubared its Linux partition beyond (easy)
repair so I
decided a clean install was the way to go. When I went to install a
recent
Debian system I had trouble with PCMCIA under the 2.2 kernel, and
XFree gave
me a blank screen under 2.4. Knoppix, however, made everything work
automagically (with the exception of sound)."

http://tinyurl.com/hfuv
or
http://newsforge.com/newsforge/03/07/06/212212.shtml

Look at the on-board installer - it should work better than how he described, with respect to storing settings and with respect to upgrading. Basically you'll have a pre-configured debian system when you finish.

I think the command is knx-install, but I could be wrong.

My PGP key was last signed 6/10/2003 please download my key again if
it is more recent than your copy. If you use GPG, *please* talk to
me to sign it. The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu