2003 Jul 16 21:45

[vox] [OT] Anyone know howto weld?

The little plastic latch on my laptop that holds the screen shut keeps
breaking.  The laptop is under warranty and Dell has replaced the part
once, but I'd like to add some strength.

Maybe this is a long shot.... but...  Is there anyone with welding skills
that would be able to look at a small broken plastic latch and fabricate
one out of metal?  Or, do you know of a local shop that would offer this
type
of service without emptying my pockets.  ;-)

Thanks!
Charles