2003 Jul 16 20:47

Re: [vox] Kazaa = Threat to Homeland Security

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 06:30:36AM -0700, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> No, really:
>
> http://www.kcautv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1362400
>
> According to this article, the chief of Interpol believes that the funds
> from software and music piracy are being used to support Hezbollah and
> other terrorist groups.
>
> Ripping CD's kills!

Uhh.. free-for-all copying of mp3's isn't exactly the
money-maker, i don't think.

and i doubt kazaa is siphoning their profits off to a special
"bombs for the taliban" fund ;)

otoh, 'commercial' piracy of stuff, much like drug dealing and
prostitution, might be worth it.

but something like 'kazaa'?  you might as well say that each year tux paint
earns the same $ as photoshop, but i'm giving it to the mafia. :^P

-bill!
(can i go to bed, YET?)