2003 Jul 14 15:43

Re: [vox] Tools for disabled

Hi Mark,

  Just came back from holidays ( beautiful hill station called munnar).
Its down south in a place called kerala(India).  I was reading the morning
newspaper on sunday about tools for disabled called JAWS.  Here in India
they are trying to popularize it for disabled.  People who cant afford
it(cost
whopping $1000) they are giving a p4 system free.  Another software
company is selling a palm computer with jaws for $2000 odd dollars.
Manufacturer are also planning to provide GSM facilities next month.
Unfortunately  no body looked at linux :(.

But found good article on linux too.  Like Sandbad movie had been
released and it was developed on 250 linux workstation.  So was
kinda nice feeling.

Hey i tried to dowload festival just got struck up with requirement doc

http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival/manual/festival_6.html#SEC13

<snip>
festlex_NAME.tar.gz
festvox_NAME.tar.gz
</snip>

here i see a lot of them

http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/festival/cstr/festival/1.4.3/

which one should i download.

My system conf

Redhat Linux 9.0
P4, Intel mercury motherboard
256 MB RAM
Got sound card, i believe its from Intel.

Any advice hints :)

Have a great day.

Karthikeyan B