January 6: Social gathering
2003 Jul 11 12:35

[vox] OpenOffice.org talk at Sacramento PC Users Group, July 16th

[vox] OpenOffice.org talk at Sacramento PC Users Group, July 16th

At the July meeting of the Sacramento PC Users Group,
Paul Miller will be discussing and demonstrating OpenOffice.org,
a free, Open Source office productivity suite.

The OpenOffice.org suite provides word processing, spread sheet, graphics
and presentation capabilities; all with no cost.  It runs on Windows,
Linux, Mac OS X, and various Unix operating systems, and is compatible with
popular file formats (like Microsoft Office files).

Many businesses and government organizations have switched from
expensive, commercial, proprietary software, and are now using OpenOffice.org.

When:

  Wednesday, July 16th
  7:00pm

Where:

  Sacramento Association of Realtors
  2003 Howe Avenue, Sacramento, CA
  (Between Alta Arden and Cottage, across from K-Mart)

For more details, visit:

  http://www.sacpcug.org/

To learn more about OpenOffice.org, see:

  http://www.openoffice.org/

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/
Linux Users' Group of Davis

(Happy to see Open Source software being promoted to the masses!)

(Your address: vox@lists.lugod.org )