2003 Jul 03 02:32

Re: [vox] [fwd] SVLUG Jul 02: David Bryson: Strong Cryptography inthe Linux Kernel

Re: [vox] [fwd] SVLUG Jul 02: David Bryson: Strong Cryptography inthe Linux Kernel

If anyone goes to this, can that person take some notes?  I thought I'd go
but I'm having second thoughts.  Thanks!

-Mark

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> SVLUG in San Jose meets the day after the next LUGOD meeting,
> which comes out as Wed. July 2nd.
>
> -bill!
>
> ----- Forwarded message from speakers@lists.svlug.org -----
>
> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:12:30 -0700
> From: speakers@lists.svlug.org
> Subject: [svlug-announce] SVLUG Jul 02: David Bryson: Strong Cryptography in
> 	the Linux Kernel
> To: svlug-announce@lists.svlug.org
>
> We're pleased to announce the next meeting of the Silicon Valley Linux
> Users Group!
>

> WHAT:
>
>   Strong Cryptography in the Linux Kernel
>
> WHEN:
>
>   Wednesday, 02 Jul, 7pm-9pm or so.
>
> WHO:
>
>   David Bryson, Embedded Linux Engineer
>
> BACKGROUND:
>
>   In 2.5, strong cryptography was incorporated into the kernel.  This
>   inclusion was a result of several motivating factors: remove
>   duplicated code, harmonize IPv6/IPSec, and the usual
>   crypto-paranoia.  This talk will cover the history of the
>   Cryptographic API, its current state, what kernel facilities are
>   currently using it, which ones should be using it, plus future
>   applications including: hardware and assembly cryptography drivers,
>   hardware random number generation, and filesystem encryption.
>
> ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
>
>   David is a Bay Area native and a Linux user since kernel
>   2.0.32(1998).  He has written documentation and contributed code to
>   the 'International Kernel Patch'(also known as CryptoAPI) as well as
>   a widely used HOWTO 'The Linux CryptoAPI: A Users Perspective.'
>   David has also spoken at several academic and technical conferences
>   about cryptography on Linux.  Currently he works as an embedded
>   Linux engineer in the Bay Area while writing drivers for the 2.5
>   kernel Cryptographic API.
>
> WHERE:
>
> Cisco Building 9.  The land of NUMBERS.  The VINEYARDS conference
> center.  The side we are on is the Silver Oak/Jordan conference rooms,
> where a large Cisco fountain is usually not turned on.  Directions on
> how to get there are listed at:
>
>         http://www.svlug.org/directions/cisco-9.shtml
>
> We've tried our very best for these directions to be accurate.  If you
> have any improvements to make, please let our Web Team know!
> web-team@svlug.org
>
> NOTES:
>
> It's best if you arrive close to on time, as otherwise there may not
> be someone posted at the door to let you in.  After the speakers end
> their presentation there is usually a Q&A session, time for job
> seekers and employers to meet, and often a few door prizes.  When the
> meeting is over people are encouraged to chat a bit, but also to exit
> the building so Cisco can lock up.  Don't worry, a lot of us go to
> dinner afterward so there's plenty of time to chat outdoors or
> offsite.
>
> We look forward to seeing you there!

> [...]

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/