2003 Jun 30 09:47

Re: [vox] Oracle AppServer (9iAS) training - Quilogy Roseville

Re: [vox] Oracle AppServer (9iAS) training - Quilogy Roseville

Eric D. Pierce wrote:
fwiw, Quilogy Roseville offers Oracle 9iAS training (they
are an Oracle business partner):

http://www.quilogy.com/locations.aspx?page=85

I attended training there recently and was very satisfied
with their instructors and facility. They went beyond the
usual "Oracle-speak" mindset that I was expecting.

I have also attended Quilogy training in Oracle 9iAS. Although the experience was valuable, I did find that the instructor had a few gaps in knowledge that may make a difference in implementation; e.g., he said that the Oracle 9iAS web server was an Oracle product, when, in fact, it is Apache -- And then he was thoroughly confused when I informed him that Apache was an Open Source, freely available web server. Apparently, he'd never heard of Free software before.

Overall, though, I'd say that their training was 4 out of a possible 5; with the exception of the aforementioned gaps, it was very helpful.

If Quilogy sees it as a sufficiently attractive marketing
opportunity, they might be willing to send one of their
trainers to do a user-group presentation.

That's a possibility -- if for no other reason, it would be good to raise Quilogy's awareness of Free and Open Source software.

regards,
ep