2003 Jun 27 14:45

Re: [vox] wiki recommendations

I'll recommend UseModWiki.  I've been using it for a little over a month
for a collaborative portal that grew out of efforts to coordinate a number
of webloggers, and it's been working very well for us.  If you look under
the choosing a wiki page at the original WikiWiki site
(http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ChoosingaWiki), UseModWiki gets recommended a lot.

UseModWiki runs as a Perl CGI script with the source contained in a single
file, and it's very easy to install.  TWiki has a lot of features that are
more oriented towards 'groupware' applications (things like fine-level
user authorization etc.), but is harder to get working.

Using a wiki as a personal knowledge base is a great idea.

-- Allan