2003 Jun 23 13:51

[vox] spam control: send email to confirm

[vox] spam control: send email to confirm

very impressive:

http://hr.uoregon.edu/davidrl/confirm/

one of those "send an email to confirm you're not a spammer" type spam
controls.

when someone sends you an email for the first time, they have to send a
confirmation email to verify they're not a spammer.  after that, it
keeps a record of people who confirmed themselves.  people are only
asked to confirm once.

i imagine you have to be careful about adding mailing lists by hand.

haven't installed it, but i've seen it in action.  very nice!

pete