2003 Jun 20 17:41

Re: [vox] [fwd] UUG SCO Protest

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 02:23:55PM -0400, Mike Simons wrote:

> - When is SCO's next shareholder meeting?

Chedck with FreeEdgar for when they file their 10k data and that may give you the rest of the info you need (always review their 10k and the language contained therein...it gives a lot of indicators you may use to couch inquiries.

> > Otherways would be to find out if your workplace has any Unixware licenes
> > and see to it that they dont get renewed.
>
>   I also agree.  It would be nice to track down each company that *is*
> still using SCO and try to sell them a Linux replacement.  I wonder how
> difficult it would be to track down SCO's customers and organize a
> community based targeted sales operation to zero SCO's revenue.

That may be more difficult.  Outside of customer testimonials and google searches of people on lists looking fof help with SCO related issues, you will be hard pressed to find such data.  Plus you run into the problem that much of SCOs hardened base wont leave because many of the reasons that CSO survives is due to highly specialized niche apps that only run on SCO (particularl;y in the banking and hospital/health realms).  Its a good goal, but I never said it would be easy ;)

t is however, a track worth doing some due diligence into.