2003 Jun 20 11:28

Re: [vox] dsurvey on freshmeat!

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 06:26:17PM -0700, Ken Bloom wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 10:30:30AM -0700, Micah J. Cowan wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 09:46:35AM -0700, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:
> > > http://freshmeat.net/projects/dsurvey/?topic_id=96
> > >
> > > This is the first time I've ever submitted anything open source-ish.
> > > Bill, don't laugh! I have to say it is really rewarding to see something
> > > I worked on available internationally. :-)
> >
> > Yeah--it's *real* fun to discover inadvertantly that a product you've
> > written is an official debian package.
> >
> >   http://packages.debian.org/ditty
> >

> Why can't I be so lucky? (http://sf.net/projects/zmanim) Is it because
> I include my own debian/ directory?

I can't even imagine *why* someone would add ditty to debian. I'll
have to ask the guy who submitted the request to the debian requests
list. I was actually shocked to find a few people who used the
thing. I had posted it to freshmeat, and then forgot about it. The 0.2
code was hideous, so I had removed it from my site. Then I later
learned it had made it into debian unstable before I dropped the link,
so I had to fix up some of the code to be a little more presentable,
so I wouldn't feel embarrassed by the 0.2 code.

It's a fun little toy, and has some potential non-essential uses as an
alert for sysadmins, but really...

-Micah