2003 Jun 11 09:34

Re: [vox] Re: [vox-tech] [OT] reloaded

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Ken Bloom wrote:

> There was a lot of very interesting Jewish theology in the movie.

Judeo-Christian, I thought.  I didn't notice much of it in the plot
(besides the obvious reference to prophecy and returning of savior and all
that), but the namings of people and things were just too obviously
Judeo-Christian.  Trinity, for example, is totally taken from Christianity
(though I don't know why anyone would name someone Trinity... maybe her
parents wanted her to be multi-talented).  And I totally didn't understand
why they named Mopheus' ship "Nebuchadnezzar."  Nebuchadnezzar was
supposed to be a bad guy (from a Jewish perspective, anyway) and why would
you ever name your ship after a bad guy?  It's like naming your kid Saddam
or Osama today.  Well, Peter named his computers Satan and Lucipher so
maybe it's something along that line.  I don't know... :P

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/