2003 Jun 10 18:23

[vox] Re: [vox-tech] [OT] reloaded

Moved to vox.

On 2003.06.10 12:06, Ricardo Anguiano wrote on vox-tech:
Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org> wrote on vox-tech:

> i'm still thinking about the movie, trying to sort things out.  i'd
> honestly be interested in hearing other peoples' opinions.

The dessert scene: I didn't need to end up in that lady's virtual
crotch.

The keymaker was my favorite character.  The audience went "Awwww."
when you saw the gunshot wounds on him.

I like that they brought in supernatural mythology. Did you spot the
warewolves?

The movie viewed better the second time around.  I had overhyped it
the first time and I was disappointed that it didn't have the impact
of the first matrix.  After watching it the first time, I decided it
was an good sequel to the first matrix.

> any target release date for matrix 3?

149 days 12 hours 59 minutes 2 seconds until Matrix Revolutions is
released :)

There was a lot of very interesting Jewish theology in the movie. In the first movie, the concept of the matrix itself twisted concepts about the very nature of the physical world. In this movie, the overall plot followed an opinion about the messiah, twisted based on the whole nature of trying to escape the matrix. In the same way, much smaller parts of the story also took Jewish theology and twisted them. I actually enjoyed the twisting, it gave my brain questions to analyze.

It's a disappointment that it looks like the third story will probably be a more Christ/Antichrist kind of deal. Notice what happened at the beginning of the movie to the one person who was rescued at the end of the movie. (I'd be more specific, but I don't know who hasn't seen the movie)

(Writing that last sentence makes me ask: what's the proper name for the guys whose minds have been freed but who keep going back into the matrix to do their work?)

Fingerprint: D5E2 8839 6ED3 3305 805C 941F 9476 A9BD E2B2 CAD1
The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu