2003 May 30 18:08

Re: [vox] SCO suing IBM over their Linux activity

Re: [vox] SCO suing IBM over their Linux activity

--yQbNiKLmgenwUfTN

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 03:49:39PM -0400, Mike Simons wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 01:51:03PM +0530, karthikeyan.balasubramanian wro=
te:
> > http://www.sco.com/scosource/letter_to_linux_customers.html
> >=20
> > You think this could have any Impact on Linux Development Efforts.
>=20
>   No.  I imagine that this will only hurt Caldera/SCO's future.
[...]
>   I hope this puts Caldera/SCO out of business.

My own highlights from today's SCO conference call:

- SCO promised to show "hundreds of lines of code" next week, which=20
  are copied into Linux from System V.  This will not be all of the
  copied code, just some parts of it.

- SCO will "settle the issues with Novell in court".

- SCO will require people getting the code next week sign a NDA,
  such that the code doesn't leak out more.

- SCO sent a notice of breach of contract letter to IBM over their
  used of Unix in AIX, and intend to revoke IBM's right to use or
  sell AIX after 100 days.

- SCO says they have checked a number of Linux kernel version, and
  are particularly focused on 2.4 and later versions.  They have=20
  found violations in all of those versions they have looked at.

- SCO had three other parties look into their discovery of their source
  inside the Linux kernel, over the last few months and all of them=20
  came back saying SCO's claim is valid.

--=20

--yQbNiKLmgenwUfTN

--yQbNiKLmgenwUfTN--