2003 May 30 10:31

[vox] CBS Marketwatch: UPDATE 3-AOL, Microsoft settle for $750 mln, to collaborate

[vox] CBS Marketwatch: UPDATE 3-AOL, Microsoft settle for $750 mln, to collaborate

CBS Marketwatch: UPDATE 3-AOL, Microsoft settle for $750 mln, to collaborate

http://tinyurl.com/d2ae

"'This is the best-case scenario for Microsoft and AOL Time Warner --
exploiting Microsoft software technology and AOL's ability to capture
and hold an online audience,' said Dwight Davis, an analyst at Summit
Strategies."

and

"AOL Time Warner Chairman and Chief Executive Dick Parsons said the
alliance with Microsoft was aimed at making it easier for media
companies to embrace digital distribution, avoiding the kind of rampant
piracy that the music industry blames for undercutting CD sales."

--
R. Douglas Barbieri
doug@dooglio.net

MIT.edu recv-key: F6368A3D