2003 May 31 09:33

[vox] vanity - getting a higher google ranking

[vox] vanity - getting a higher google ranking

hi all,

i have a page which generates alot of fan mail:

   http://www.dirac.org/linux/systemmap.html

when i do a google search on

   "system.map linux"

this page comes up 2nd.  the first result is a .asp page which has
nothing to do with the system.map file.  it outlines the FHS.

i'm curious -- is there a way to get my page higher ranked than this asp
page?   after all, my page actually contains "system.map".  their page
contains "system map".   is google treating the "." in my search query
as a wildcard character?

pete