2003 May 29 09:28

Re: [vox] Interesting thing i read today

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 01:51:03PM +0530, karthikeyan.balasubramanian wrote:
> http://www.sco.com/scosource/letter_to_linux_customers.html
>
> You think this could have any Impact on Linux Development Efforts.

I haven't exactly done any studies, but most people seem to feel they're
just blowing hot air.  LinuxTag recently filed a suit against Sco in Germany
requesting they show _exactly_ what stolen code they're talking about, or
drop their case.

Eric S. Raymond wrote up a good article regarding Sco:

  http://www.opensource.org/sco-vs-ibm.html

I think once it's all done and over with, there are two possible
outcomes:

  1. Sco was right; there's proprietary junk in Linux.
     It gets removed.  A possible setback, and a potential nightmare
     when it comes to 'rolling back' older versions of Linux, but doable.

  2. Sco was wrong or refuses to fess up.
     Back to business as usual.  (For Linux, but most likely NOT for Sco :^/ )

I'm beginning to wonder if Mohammed Saeed al Shahaf works for Sco now. ;^)

Goooooodnight, everybody!