2003 May 28 23:21

[vox] [OT] satellite TV

I'm moving into a new apartment complex that is wired for DirectTV.
Regular cable TV isn't an option, because the apartment complex has an
exclusive contract with the satellite TV provider.  I'm new to satellite
TV and would appreciate hearing from some local folks who can advice me on
my purchase.

As I mentioned, my new apartment will have DirectTV available.  I'm
looking at a DirectTV package that costs around $40 and includes local
channels.  I've also found that Dish Network has a package for around $30
that includes local channels.  Dish Network would require me to put a
satellite dish on my patio, but I don't mind that.

Does anyone recommend DirectTV over Dish Network, or vice versa?

Maybe this will be Linux related if I opt for a Tivo and tie it into my
network ;-)

Thanks!

Charles