2003 May 26 14:15

[vox] what happened to xtunes/sumi?

I remember reading about an open source media player called xTunes,
which was a knock off of Apple's iTunes.  There was a story in the news
around a year ago about Apple threatening to sue the xTunes developer
because the name xTunes sounds too much like iTunes.

The xTunes developer changed the name to Sumi (what a slap in the
face!), but I wonder if Apple completely shutdown the project?  The
developer's website is dead (tex9.com) and I can't find any mention of
the project shutting down, other than the name change.  I was hoping to
download the program to give it a try  -- Anyone know what happened to
it?

Charles