2003 May 23 01:06

[vox] OT: request for a Mac user

A while back, LUGOD salvaged an old Mac clone for use as a demo machine. I
apparently need a bootable floppy with MacOS 8.1 (or later) in order to
install Linux on it. An image of such a floppy is aledgedly available at

<ftp://ftp.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/US/Macintosh/System/Mac_OS_8.1_Update/Disk_Tools_PPC.img.bin>

but the FTP site is unresponsive. Anyway, the file is an image in Apple's
proprietary format, which requires Apple Disk Copy for MacOS to write to a
floppy. So I am asking some kind Mac user to make me a floppy of the above
image, or equivalent bootable floppy. Must me Mac OS 8.1 or later! Please
mail me off-list if you can help.

--
Henry House