2003 May 22 18:45

Re: [vox] Debian newbie question -- Thanks!

Re: [vox] Debian newbie question -- Thanks!

Ryan wrote,

> On Thursday 22 May 2003 07:13 am, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
>> Wireless isn't working quite yet, but I think that may be an
>> authentication problem.  As far as I can tell, the system sees the
>> wireless card, but I haven't figured out how to give it the passphrase
>> to see my network yet.
>
> Don't use passwords for wep. They have poor compatibility, as the
> implementations are vendor specific. You should just use hex keys.

Actually, I am using a hex key.  Heh.  Sorry for the misphrasing.

I tried to use iwconfig last night, but it is apparently not installed on
my system.  When I get home, I'll wire up the computer to my network and
attempt to get iwconfig.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford