2003 May 21 19:15

[vox] CNET Query: SCO/Microsoft deal phasing Linux users?

I didn't really have any useful feedback for Alorie here, but said I'd
pass this along in case anyone around here did. ;^)

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Alorie Gilbert <alorie.gilbert@cnet.com> -----
[fixed for 80 cols -bjk]

Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 14:13:46 -0700
From: Alorie Gilbert <alorie.gilbert@cnet.com>
Subject: SCO/Microsoft deal phasing Linux users?

Hello Linux user group organizers,

Alorie Gilbert here, reporter for CNET News.com (www.news.com). I'm writing
an article about SCO's lawsuit against IBM over Linux and whether uncertainty
about intellectual property rights is giving any businesses pause about using
Linux. We are revisiting the issue because of the news this week that
Microsoft is supporting SCO by licensing its Unix technology. Are any of you
available to chat about this today or tomorrow? Do know of any business or
other organization that are changing their Linux plans because of SCOs
actions? I'm interested in any feedback you're hearing in the Linux community
and among your user group members.

My deadline is Friday. This story will be a follow-up to CNET News.com's
recent coverage of SCO's Linux battle...

http://news.com.com/2100-1016-1007715.html?tag=nl
http://news.com.com/2100-1016-991464.html?tag=nl
http://news.com.com/2100-1016-1001609.html?tag=nl

Regards