2003 May 14 12:38

[vox] IBM specials (refurb SMP/SCSI workstation)

[vox] IBM specials (refurb SMP/SCSI workstation)

fyi, could be used as a low-end server?:

(without redundancy or hot swap capability)

IBM refurb workstation:
 SMP (can run 2 @ Xeon 1.7GHz, comes with one)
 400MHz FSB,
 SCSI,
 max RAM 4GB

> Intellistation M Pro 3D (XX5)
> A6850XX5
> $949.00 IBM Web Price*
> $854.10 IBM Sale Price*
>
> $806.65 Buy 3 or more*
> Add to cart
>   1.70GHz Xeon
>
> 512/4096 Std/Max RAM
>
> 18.2GB @10K rpm
>
> CD-ROM
>   10/100 Ethernet
> Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Professional
>
> 3 months limited [warranty]

http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HelpDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=-840&langId=-1&subject=2576395

more:

http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-40572

http://www5.pc.ibm.com/us/products.nsf/$wwwPartNumLookup/_685022U

(original price/new: $2449.00)

IBM wants $1099 for the second CPU, so assuming the parts are
cmopatible, it would be worth buying two machines instead and
stripping parts from one to beef up the other. Or find a cheaper
source for a second CPU.

CPU part numbers:

http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4ZWLS3

regards,