2003 May 08 19:59

[vox] Fluxbox, openbox

I've decided to abandon WindowMaker (which served me well until the
advent of GTK+2) because of a bug that causes the focus to cycle back
and forth very quickly between two GTK+2 windows under certain common
circumstances. (The bug only occurs in the sloppy focus modes)

I looked at fluxbox, and quickly found that in its sloppy focus modes,
a click anywhere in the window's content region will raise the window
(hence, working in a word processor with the intent to keep another
window, like an AIM window hovering above it doesn't work very well).

So I looked at openbox, which doesn't show minimized windows anywere
except for its windows menu (fluxbox shows them right on the slit).

Does anybody know of anything that addresses one of these problems? (so
I can switch to either fluxbox or blackbox and have it cover both
features correctly (I looked at the most recent WindowMaker CVS
snapshot and found that it still hadn't solved the GTK2 interaction
problem)

ii  fluxbox        0.1.14-1       Highly configurable and low resource
ii  openbox        2.2.3-3        A window manager for X
ii  wmaker         0.80.1-6       NeXTSTEP-like window manager for X

Fingerprint: D5E2 8839 6ED3 3305 805C  941F 9476 A9BD E2B2 CAD1
The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu