2003 May 06 17:36

Re: [vox] Wrong List: Looking for Part Time IT Consultant

Re: [vox] Wrong List: Looking for Part Time IT Consultant

begin Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 03:59:27PM -0700, Micah J. Cowan wrote:
> > Could we change the
> > rules so that non-Linux job opportunities are okay, but the
> > subject-line has to be flagged or something?
>
> That sounds reasonable.  I think we should keep them over on vox-jobs,
> of course, since that's what it's there for.
>
> Something like [OT] (off-topic ;^) ) or [Non-Linux] in the subject would
> be good.
>

> How do others feel?

i love the idea, but it's a little unrealistic.  very few people use the [] tags.

if you look at the vox-outreach list rules, *every* email to the list
needs to have a tag identifying which project the post is about so
people involved with project A don't need to wade through project B.
i can't think of anybody who does that.

very few people use [OT] on vox too.

here are my thoughts:

1. ALL job postings go to vox-jobs.

2. we deicde whether we want non-linux related jobs on vox-jobs or not
(personally, i'm abivalent to the issue, but i can certainly understand
both sides of the argument).

i say we keep away from tagging the subject lines, since it'll become a
rule that's "cruft" within a week or two.

pete