2003 May 05 14:14

Re: [vox] [Fwd: Key validity bug in GnuPG 1.2.1 and earlier]

Re: [vox] [Fwd: Key validity bug in GnuPG 1.2.1 and earlier]

begin ME <dugan@passwall.com>
> I know many of you use GPG, so I'm passing this on. This is likely not a
> serious issue for most of you. FYI:

> Subject: Key validity bug in GnuPG 1.2.1 and earlier
> From:    "David Shaw" <dshaw@jabberwocky.com>
> Date:    Sat, May 3, 2003 18:35
> To:      bugtraq@securityfocus.com
>
> As part of the development of GnuPG 1.2.2, a bug was discovered in the key
> validation code.  This bug causes keys with more than one user ID to give
> all user IDs on the key the amount of validity given to the most-valid
> key.

(snip)

> This bug has been fixed in the newly released GnuPG 1.2.2, and
> upgrading is the recommended fix for this problem.

nota bene: both debian/testing and debian/unstable are currently at gnupg/1.2.1.
debian/stable is at gnupg/1.0.6.

so all three branches are vulnerable.

pete