January 6: Social gathering
2003 Apr 29 23:06

[vox] UCD makes it into the linux journal

[vox] UCD makes it into the linux journal

anyone notice that UCD made it into this month's LJ?  not exactly the
type of cite that leaves you feeling warm and fuzzy.  from page 34:

   Furthermore, the UC-Davis SNMP package included with most Linux
   distributions has a history of security vulnerabilities.  Under <I>no
   circumstances</I> (sic) should you run this or any other SNMP daemon
   on any bastion host or firewall system.

sage advice, but i'm feeling a bit picked-on.   ;-)

coupled with our history with spam and open relays, it looks like we
have a pretty bad rep.  at least as far as the author of the "paranoid
penguin" LJ column is concerned.

pete