2003 Apr 18 12:01

[vox] hp/Intel Itanium programming workshop, UCD, April 22 [students _only_]

[vox] hp/Intel Itanium programming workshop, UCD, April 22 [students _only_]

Hey have limited room, and it's at UCD, so they have to limit it only
to students, but they wanted me to pass it along to LUGOD's list, too.
(They MAY be able to open it up to non-students or get a bigger space
if there's a ton of interest.)

  hp/Intel Itanium Programming Workshop at UC Davis
  Tuesday, April 22
  10:30am - 3:30pm
  Bainer, Room 2045

  hp and Intel are teaching an Itanium programming workshop at
  UC Davis on April 22.  Although this is primarily for Faculty and
  Staff, there is room for 10-15 LUGOD members/UCD students to attend.
  Agenda is below.  RSVP to Vivian@eduengines.com  if you'd like
  to attend.

  Vivian Nalbone vivian@eduengines.com
  hp Business Partner
  http://www.hp.com/products1/itanium/solutions/technical_computing/index.html

Here are more details:

  "Making the most of 64 bit LINUX"

  April 22, UC Davis, 10:30 - 3:30, Bainer 2045

  RSVP to Vivian@eduengines.com

  Agenda:

  10:30 -  10:40  Kick-Off/Introduction (hp)
  10:40 -  11:10  The Optimal Architecture - Itanium2 (hp and Intel)
                    History
                    Architecture
                    McKinley & Madisson MicroArchitecture
                    Itanium Roadmap

  11:10 - 11:15   Break

  11:15 -   2:30   Tools and Tuning Tips (hp and Intel)
                   (12:45 - 1:15 Break)
                     Software Programming Environment
                     Loop Folding
                     Predication
                     Register Rotation
                     Intel Linux Compiler and VTUNE
                     Other Development Tools (prospect, caliper, pi..)
                     hp Vector Math Library

   2:30  -   3:30   Graphics Enabled Clusters and Scalable Visualization

   3:30             Final Questions and Adjourn

I've of course invited them to come to LUGOD, if they think it'd be
applicable to us. ;^)

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/