2003 Apr 17 18:53

[vox] May 19th meeting - Dinner party? LAN party?

[vox] May 19th meeting - Dinner party? LAN party?

Due to a scheduling conflict [*], LUGOD won't be meeting at the
Davis Library on May 19th.

Since we weren't sure where we'd be meeting, speakers have been
scheduling _around_ that date.  So, at the moment, we have neither a speaker,
nor a location.

The officers discussed this a bit, and we had the thought of maybe throwing
another LAN party (like we did at LampPost a few July 4ths ago), or having a
nice relaxed dinner party (my vote is for Symposium or Kathmandu :^) ).

We could even do both: have a dinner party at a restaurant, and then move
to someone's house (it'd have to be large) to throw the LAN party.

What do people think?  If lots of people are interested in a LAN party,
but noone's willing to host one, we'll probably just do LampPost.

If not many people are interested in a LAN party, we can just do the
dinner party (and maybe those few who want to play games and get together
at a much smaller house/apartmnet :^) )

I'd like for us to make a decision within two weeks (early May), so that
we can advertise, if necessary.

Thanks,

root@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/

[*] i.e., I forgot to contact the Library on time