2003 Apr 08 14:08

RE: [vox] [OT] renters question - "snooping" landlord

RE: [vox] [OT] renters question - "snooping" landlord

Maybe something here on landlord, but IIRC they have to give 24 hour notice
period.  you reside in the property and you have a resonable expectation of
privacy in the backyard as well.  As long as they give notice properly, then
they can do it, but just stopping by won't cut it.  Call your local city
hall, I suspect Davis is more rententive about this issue and they should be
able to direct you to some resources as well.
http://www.dca.ca.gov/legal/landlordbook/index.html

Also, when you pop open the demarc box, the the cable you test in is
generally the actual connection to the house.  When you test this and still
find static, mention this fact explicitly to SBCBell.  Also, get the time,
name and contents of ALL conversations with anyone over thematter and the
ticket number.  Record them in a notebook and carry it around until the issue
is resolved.  It bothers them when you do that.

Other tip:  If they keep saying 'Not my dept's issue" and they want to
transfer you, ask for a 'warm' handoff based on run-around issues in the
past.  You'll be on hold longer, but THEY have to find someone who'll take
the issue.

-sp