2003 Apr 07 00:54

[vox] [fwd] SacLUG Meeting Wed, PPTP server and Linux Courses]

SacLUG meets this Wednesday...

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Brian Lavender <brian@brie.com> -----

Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 12:48:11 -0700
From: Brian Lavender <brian@brie.com>
Subject: [Lug-Nuts] SacLUG Meeting Wed, PPTP server and Linux Courses
To: Lug Nuts <lug-nuts@saclug.org>

I will be doing a presentation on PPTP at the next SacLUG Meeting. In
addition, Troy Newbold will talk about the new Linux Courses offered at
Exit Certified. Harry Souders might do a mini presentation as well.

About PPTP:

Using PPTP you can allow users to form VPN connections to your network.

PPTP is the acronym for Point to Point Tunneling Protocol. You can
configure your Linux box to act as a VPN server by using PPTP, which
also uses a patched version of PPP, and a patched kernel with the mppe
patch. More details about PPTP can be found at http://www.poptop.org. I
will bring in a Linux server configured PPTP as a demo and discuss the
details configuring it.

When:
Wednesday, 7-9p,

Where: