2003 Apr 03 14:28

[vox] While we're on the topic of domains...

[vox] While we're on the topic of domains...

Does anyone know of any good resources (documents and/or people and/or
lawyers) for how to get NetSol to change the domain name registry when
ownership issues arise? The issues in particular are these: my game
registered its domain through its then current hosting company. Said
hosting company put the registration in their name instead of mine. This
was not a huge issue until said company seems to have went out of business
shortly after Sept 11 (sending me back the co-loc server and all that).
The one partner of the company I have contact with told me he would
transfer the domain into my name last summer if I paid him and gave him
all the pertinent info. I did so. Nearly one year later, the domain still
has not been transferred. Basically I see this as breach of contract, but
the issue is how to get NetSol to see this, especially since the official
"owner" of the domain is a defunct company, and transfer the domain to me.
Of particular stickiness is I don't know if said partner can prove he was
actually a partner of the company or not (since I think the partnership
ended badly and he was on the losing end and may not have been an actual
partner by the time the company folded).

TIA,
Shwaine

P.S. - I can't just let the registration expire and try to grab it up
either since that new snap-grab-whatever service NetSol offers already has
someone else attempting to get the domain name if the registration is
allowed to expire.