2003 Mar 31 17:40

Re: [vox] [OT] CA No-call list

On Monday 31 March 2003 12:00 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> cool!
>
> i wish they'd do something with spam, though.  seems like spam has just
> spiked in the past 48 hours.  the format looks the same; must be the
> same spammer out on a binge.  it's purely commercial - "faster than
> light" gigabit networking, schlong enhancement (that's a quote),
> mountain grown coffee... for the past who-knows-how-long most of my spam
> has been nigeria scams and its many variations.
>
> for awhile, i even had some spam free days (started using spamcop RBL as
> well as ORDB).
>
> the count today alone is getting close to 10, and it's not even noon
> yet...   :(
>
> pete

I wonder which direction companies will go now.  If telemarketing is
reduced and spam is eliminated, then does that mean that these guys
will go back to sending paper out?  I dunno about you, but that does
concern me, as even now there are weeks where Im out of space in
the pertinent trash containers.  Im hoping that the cost of it will be
prohibitive.  Who knows tho.

Mike
--
wenk@praxis.homedns.org