2003 Mar 31 13:55

Re: [vox] [OT] CA No-call list

My wife just cleaned out her spam and inbox.  She had about
2000 spam that were moved to a spam folder using spamassassin
with two false positives, but she still got about 1000 that
slipped through into her inbox.  argghh!  From what I
remember it was only two months since the last time she
cleared it.  I get about 5-10 a day that slip through the
filters.

I was significantly more successful in blocking this stuff
when I was killing off Europe, Asia, and Latin America, but
this really isn't an option because some people that my wife,
sells ebay stuff to live in the US, but have foreign email
addresses.

Joel

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 12:00:06PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> cool!
>
> i wish they'd do something with spam, though.  seems like spam has just
> spiked in the past 48 hours.  the format looks the same; must be the
> same spammer out on a binge.  it's purely commercial - "faster than
> light" gigabit networking, schlong enhancement (that's a quote),
> mountain grown coffee... for the past who-knows-how-long most of my spam
> has been nigeria scams and its many variations.
>
> for awhile, i even had some spam free days (started using spamcop RBL as
> well as ORDB).
>
> the count today alone is getting close to 10, and it's not even noon
> yet...   :(
>
> pete

[...]