2003 Mar 24 08:19

Re: [vox] directories - too much of a good thing?

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 04:24:22PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i tend not to keep old homework.  if i ever have to look back and see
> how i did something in an old homework, i'd consider that a personal
> failure.

I sometimes come up with some great ideas when I do homeworks, and
sometimes refer back to them.  Like for ECS110, I came up with a really
elegant way to implement Dijkstra's algorithm.  And in the database class
I came up with a really elegant way to get around Oracle's horrible error
handling (that inspiration was born out of sheer desperation for time, I
think.)

But mostly, though, I keep all my homeworks for historical purposes --
Something I can look back at years from now and congratulate myself on how
much I've learned since then...

More sentimental than usual,
-Mark

PS: Perhaps I should patent the programming techniques I came up with when
I was a student...  oh wait, the school has the rights on those since I
turned 'em in for grades.  darn!

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/