2003 Mar 17 17:23

[vox] Demo today

Today's Linux demo was pretty successful.  Mike showed up (a bit late ;^) )
with the Demo machine.  Before that, I just had the flyers set up, and
a couple of kids came by, and I gave them Tux Paint CDs. :^)

When the computer showed up, we started getting many more visitors.
Questions ranged from "I use Linux at work, and the other day it /completely/
locked up!" (Mike explained magic sysreq keys) to "Why would I want Linux?"
(I said "for the good of humanity"; she really digged that answer, and
stuck around and talked for a long time)

Towards the latter half, Jeff Newmiller came by and set up his laptop,
so we had one desktop, one laptop, and one PDA (which didn't get too much use).

We worked on getting Apache configured to show off the LUGOD.org website,
demo'd Tux Paint a lot, and played a little with getting OCR software to
work (in response to someone's complaint about Windows).

Henry - we should set one up for April or May!