January 6: Social gathering
2003 Mar 15 17:50

[vox] Morphix, a Knoppix-like distro, available for download

[vox] Morphix, a Knoppix-like distro, available for download

[ From DesktopLinux.com ]

  An announcement from Morphix . . .

  Morphix, an easy-to-use distribution has been announced and is ready for
  download. Morphix is a derivative of Knoppix.  The software is modularized
  and is based on Debian.  Like Knoppix before it, this distribution can run
  from a CD.

  The Morphix website [ http://am.xs4all.nl/phpwiki/index.php/HomePage ]
  features a wiki. Screenshots are here.
  [ http://am.xs4all.nl/phpwiki/index.php/MorphixScreenshots ]

  Currently, there are two offerings on the Morphix site: A "heavy GUI"
  features GNOME 2.2 and KDE 3.1. A "light GUI" ISO based on icewm.