2003 Mar 15 08:32

[vox] Help a Newbie to run Linux on my Win98 System

[vox] Help a Newbie to run Linux on my Win98 System

Hi,

  I got 3 Redhat Linux CDs from a friend of mine and planning to install it
on my Windows 98 System.
Just wondering what are all the precautions I need to take.  I just want to
make myself prepared before
going about this job.  Not sure what will happen lol.

  My System Configuration

  P4 1.4 Ghz
  Mercury Motherboard
  40 GB Hard disk (IDE)
  256MB RAM
  Logitech Mouse
  HP Deskjet Printer
  Logitech Cam

  I have 3 partitions.

  C:  All my windows program resides here 13 GB
  D:  All my files, back files etc 14 GB
  E: I kept this blank thinking that some day I shall install Linux here :).
13 GB

  I want to install Redhat Linux on partition E:

  PS : I searched through google and found something interesting for doing
this job.
         1.  I need to run windows defragmention utility first.
         2.  I need to use Lilo or Grub (I never knew what this is)

  Thing is I want something very simple so that I can get started quickly.
I want dual boot feature.

  Help me please

  Have a great day.

Karthikeyan B