2003 Mar 12 09:00

Re: [vox] Looking at Laptops

No list is complete without IBM.  I've always loved my thinkpads.  I like
the nipple better than the touch pad (though I think some dell's give you
both).

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Crawford" <rscrawford@mossroot.com>
To: <vox@lists.lugod.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 11:23 PM
Subject: [vox] Looking at Laptops

I'm now pondering a new laptop, and need some advice.  The basic
requirement, of course, is that it needs to be dual-bootable -- I'm facing
the reality that much of what I'm going to need for school is going to
only be available in Windows, but I want Linux because it's better.
Whatever flavor of Linux I go with on my laptop (I'm familiar with Red
Hat, but more than willing to explore other distros at this point as
well), the laptop will need to talk happily with my Red Hat desktop
computer.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Any good stories?  Horror stories?
Brands/models I ought to avoid, or that I ought to give serious
consideration too?  Price is a consideration, of course -- if I can spend
less than $2500, I'll be happy.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford