2003 Mar 04 12:11

[vox] Looking for platform independendent, "free", OpenSource, keygrabber

[vox] Looking for platform independendent, "free", OpenSource, keygrabber

Heya,

I am looking for an ncurses like interactive key sequence grabber, sort of
like the one with ncurses getch() and as found in proprietary, commercial
add-on libs targeted for many MS-Windows/MS-DOS based compilers...

Oh year, and it needs to be for C++

List of requirements:
Must as portable as C++ code (Work in Windows, g++, and (m)any C++
IDE/Compiler.)
Ability to grab specific key-presses
Graphics are not an option
Needs to permit a "nowait" option for grabbing keys - even when no key is
pressed.
Needs to permit a "wait" option for only returning a value and moving on
when a key is actually presses?

After doing some serching, it looks like finding a platform independent
lib for #include(-ing) beyond ncurses is unlikely.

Suggestions? (Sure, I can go with ncurses, but wanted to know if there was
anything else.)

TIA,
-ME