2003 Feb 28 15:17

[vox] Re: vox-jobs list?

All - this thread is so long it isn't worth trying to quote everyone's input
but here's my 2.5 cents:

New jobs list - great idea, but remember right now more companies are
bringing contractors for specific work than hiring.  Adding headcount is
still a risky move in many companies, especially in IT.  So, one
requirement: keep it open to contracts and a broad range of opportunities.

Inter-organization competition - you know what?  We don't control who the
buyer is going to buy.  Like was said before, we just want work and lots of
it.  If one of us gets in that is just a door to first make a good
impression and second bring on more of our associates.  Nothing wrong with
that!

Starting companies and other such networking ideas - it should certainly be
one of the aims of Lugod to promote healthy competition to the larger group
of Windows "certified" types that are out there.  I hope very strongly this
sort of thing happens and I am willing to get involved as needed.  Right
now, I am able to compete on state jobs but most of the jobs are "locked"
into Microsoft centric technologies - there is a great need for education
and plain ol American competition to the status quo right here in our
backyard.

But just so we don't lose focus, I should also point out there are some
other network avenues that I am exploring and I recommend to all - start
with Ryze.  I am a member and I am working to build a network of people in
the Sacramento Valley that can meet and network about opportunities in the
region. http://www.ryze.com I am also a member of the Sacramento Metro
Chamber - is Lugod represented in the Davis Chamber?  Let's get out there
and make a local connection in the region to the great resources we have
available.

FINALLY - to make this work we need opportunities coming in the door.  We
need someone who has the connections to make sales of our expertise or the
whole thing falls flat.  Finding that resource is the one piece I really
would like to see this group accomplish.  Ideas?

Regards,

MIKE...
Make your Information your KnowlEDGE
Michael L. Dunham